Chicken Burgers with Guacamole from Charlie Palmer Group
- 10m prep time
- 10m cook time
- 20m total time
- 19 ingredients
For the burger
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 serrano or other hot green chile (or to taste), stemmed, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground chile powder (not seasoned chili powder)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil to brush on patties
- 6 large brioche buns, split and toasted
- Guacamole (recipe follows)
For the guacamole
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano chile, optional
Combine the avocado with the lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro and chile. Season with salt and set aside.
Combine the chicken with the egg using your hands to blend. Add the chile, bell pepper, shallots, garlic, chile powder and cumin. Again, using your hands, mix well to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat and oil the grill or preheat a nonstick stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
Form the mixture into 6 equal mounds (so they cook evenly) and shape each into a patty. Using a pastry brush, generously coat the outside of each with oil.
Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 6 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes for well done.
Place a burger on each bun, top with guacamole and serve.