This super delicious and easy to prepare burger, courtesy of Charlie Palmer, adds ground pork and pimiento cheese to make it your new summer favorite.
- 10m prep time
- 10m cook time
- 20m total time
- 13 ingredients
For the burger
- 2 pounds ground meat; recommended: 70% sirloin, 30% ground pork (or even ground bacon)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 sourdough rolls
- Pimiento cheese (recipe below)
For the cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 dashes Tobasco
- 1 cup drained and chopped pimientos
- 1 cup sliced scallions, cut on the diagonal
- 3 cups grated orange cheddar cheese
Combine meat mixture with Worcestershire and ground black pepper.
Divide meat mixture into ½ pound balls and wrap well in plastic. Reserve until ready to grill.
Heat grill to very hot temperature.
Unwrap meat balls and press into patties. Season well with salt before cooking.
Cook burger for 3-5 minutes per side for medium/medium-rare. Let rest.
Top with pimiento cheese and serve on toasted sourdough roll.
Pimiento Cheese Method
Mix the cream cheese with the cayenne pepper, salt, Tabasco, and pimientos. Fold in the scallions and cheddar cheese just until mixed—pimiento cheese should be chunky.