Family Fun In + Around Redmond
Bring your brood to Seattle’s Eastside ’burb
Making plans to get away with the family? Consider Redmond, with its plethora of year-round outdoor activities (it is the Bicycle Capital of the Northwest), indoor attractions and family-friendly, easygoing vibe.
And while you’re at it, make Archer Hotel Redmond your casually chic home base. Your consummate host warmly welcomes and makes planning that casually chic getaway a breeze — with Archer’s Kitchen + Bar, shuffleboard, an indoor pool, a walkable, shoppable neighborhood and the comfiest beds around.
Outdoor Family Fun
- Marymoor Park — King County’s most popular park, with concerts, movie nights and Cirque du Soleil’s “Alegría” — now through Mar 18.
- Downtown Park — A raised great lawn, splash pad, pavilion, gardens, plaza and dining grove.
- Lake Sammamish State Park — Two lakefront beaches and trails through deciduous forest and wetlands, plus a state-of-the-art playground.
- Sammamish River Trail — 11-mile asphalt trail between Marymoor Park and Blyth Park in Bothell.
- Rainbow Run — Family mini golf at Willows Run Golf Complex.
- The Summit at Snoqualmie — Four mountain areas to ski, snowshoe and snow-tube (or take a summertime scenic chairlift ride).
- Woodmark Waterfront Adventures — Passenger boats, personal watercraft, kayaks, standup paddleboards and a wake boat at Lake Washington, a short drive from Archer Hotel.
- King County parks — 200 parks to explore, with ballfields, playgrounds, pools and trails.
- The Lounge at Top Golf — In Kirkland, a variety of virtual games plus shareable bites and family-style dishes.
Indoor Family Fun
- Paint Away — A ceramics painting studio, only 1 block from Archer in Redmond Town Center.
- Zeeks Pizza and an iPic movie — Local-favorite pizza a half-mile from Archer Hotel, and a movie theater with in-theater dining, in Redmond Town Center.
- K1 Racing Redmond — Indoor karting and the Pit Café serving snacks and drinks.
- Odyssey VR — A virtual reality arcade with 30+ games and simulations.
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum — Bellevue’s younger-kid destination, with an art studio, atrium climber, learning lab, story tree, tot orchard and more.
- Dave & Buster’s — In Bellevue, with loads of games and a 40-foot WOW wall for watching sports, plus eats and drinks.
- FrogLegs Cooking School — Super-fun adult and kids cooking classes, in nearby Kirkland and University Village.
- Archer’s Kitchen + Bar — With shareable bites and craft cocktails, shuffleboard, a fireplace and garage doors that open onto an alfresco patio.