This light and bright summer sipper is a refreshing way to keep cool in hot temps, perfect for an end-of-summer pool party, you can make this ahead of time in large batches and spend your time with family and friends, not behind the bar.
- 48h prep time
- 5m cook time
- 48h 5m total time
- 7 ingredients
- 1.5 oz hibiscus tequila (recipe below)
- .25 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 oz San Pellegrino Pompelmo soda
- few grains of kosher salt
- 1 liter quality, 100% agave blanco tequila
- 1/2 cup of hibiscus blossoms
- 1/4 stick of crushed canela (Mexican cinnamon)
Add all to tall glass, then fill glass with crushed ice. Stir together for a few seconds and then and top with more crushed ice if needed. Garnish with a grapefruit peel and a fresh mint sprig.
For the Hibiscus Tequila
Combine all ingredients and allow to steep at room temperature for two days. After two days, strain out the solids and it’s ready to use. Lasts one month, keep refrigerated.