Holiday Happenings in Napa
Updated November 2022
Mark your calendar for California
The end of the year is a lovely time to slow down, relax and enjoy one of life’s greatest pleasures: the holidays in Napa Valley.
To help you plan a festive stay, Archer’s collected some of his favorite holiday happenings throughout the valley — think holiday parades and lights, Santa leading the Wine Train, a hiding elf, holiday cocktails and bread-breaking, plus gift-giving ideas.
Stay with us for five-star slumbers and plenty of merriment in downtown Napa to complement your valley holiday. And book directly with us for extra cheer: Get a $25 drink + dine credit that can be used at Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar, Charlie Palmer Steak, in-room dining or takeout.
What’s more “holiday” than thousands (or more) of twinkle lights illuminating the evening? Napa shines brightly with these lit holiday happenings:
- Downtown Napa’s Christmas Tree Lighting — Enjoy hot chocolate, cookies, singing and dancing by local children’s groups and the traditional countdown to light the tree.
- Napa’s Christmas Parade — This lighted parade features Santa, stationed at Archer Hotel on First Street, and is free to enter.
- Paradise Drive Christmas Lights — This north Napa neighborhood is probably the biggest light show in town; every house in the cul de sac is decorated to the hilt.
- Napa Valley Wine Trolley Holiday Lights Tour — Charter the Napa Wine Trolley for a private holiday lights tour for up to 24 guests.
HOLIDAY SPIRITS + EATS
Toasting and roasting are holiday staples. These Napa eateries and sweeteries offer ample opportunities to do both — deliciously:
- Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar — Sip and savor a festive cocktail and shareable nibbles up on the rooftop at Archer Hotel Napa — and keep a lookout for eight tiny reindeer mapping out their route across the valley skyline.
- Bistro Don Giovanni — Drink and be merry with signature bar drinks (to try: Bistro Negroni and Pom-Pom Cosmo) and food-friendly wines.
- Angèle — Holiday in Napa or in the French countryside? For memorable moments over a simply beautiful meal, you can do both simultaneously.
- Oxbow Public Market — A one-stop restaurant shop sometimes doesn’t fit the holiday bill. Enter Oxbow Public Market (or preorder) and everyone’s happy. Don’t forget a few bags of Oprah’s favorite Model Bakery English muffins.
- Nation’s — Sure, the burgers are tasty. But the pies are where it’s at for the holidays, with a myriad to choose from — including the traditional pumpkin pie.
- Sweetie Pies — Don’t forget the “most important meal of the day” — fill your plate here with a breakfast sandwich or slice of quiche. Take a salted caramel, apple and pecan cheesecake or pumpkin bars home for holiday treats.
NIFTY HOLIDAY GIFTS
Archer Hotel’s First Street Napa collective is a walkable, shoppable, one-of-a-kind valley experience — and a great place to find unique holiday gifts (and gift cards) for the ones you love. Here’s just a sampling:
- Clothing + Accessories
- Home + Garden
- Wines + Spirits + Such
- Et Cetera