Bring on north Austin’s boutiques, bags, baubles and bows
Cooler temperatures, beckoning deals, telltale holiday lights and an enormous Willie Nelson nutcracker mean one very special thing: It’s time for holiday shopping at Domain NORTHSIDE.
Whether you’re coming from out of town or planning a marathon shopping excursion in your hometown of Austin, consider making Archer Hotel in Domain NORTHSIDE your home base. Neighboring Nordstrom and near the junction of Palm Way and Rock Rose Avenue, Archer is your consummate host right in the heart of this shopping mecca. You can fuel up on sharable, casual fare (alongside a starter cocktail) at Second Bar + Kitchen, drop off your new-found shopping treasures in your luxe, Texas-chic room or suite before heading out for more, and collapse oh, so comfortably into five-star beds with premium linens that night.
What awaits you at Domain NORTHSIDE this holiday season? Plenty to see, do and buy — and then some.
Bedecked + bedazzled
While holiday shopping at Domain NORTHSIDE is made more festive with an abundance of holiday lights, the neighborhood also gets dressed up with original holiday-themed attractions and sculptures — think an oversized armadillo snowman, a cowboy Santa wearing a reindeer buckle and boots and a 10-foot-tall Willie Nelson nutcracker, complete with a red reindeer bandana, all created by local design-build shop Ion Art. Snap a selfie with Willie before the shopping frenzy begins, and you’ll have a cool photographic reminder of your memorable Austin shopping adventure.
On November 17 – 18 and 24 – 25, 2018, #NORTHSIDESnaps is offering the first 100 registered guests per day an opportunity to have professional photos taken in the new-to-Domain-NORTHSIDE Airstream sleigh pulled by a red-nosed Texas longhorn. Registrants will receive 10 free greeting cards with their photo from “personalized happy products” purveyor Erin Condren.
Shop till you drop
Looking for Black Friday deals? You’ll find lots of them while browsing and shopping in Domain NORTHSIDE. Here’s a sampling of store offerings:
- NYX Professional Makeup — Take 30% off all purchases (November 23 – 25) and receive a complimentary black train case with a $50 purchase (November 26 – December 31).
- Cariloha Bamboo — Everything in the store is 35% off (November 23 – 24).
- Paige California lifestyle collection — All full-price merchandise is 30% off (November 21 – 26).
- M. Williams jewelry and accessories — Donate a gently used coat in-store and receive 30% off apparel (through November 30).
- Design Within Reach — Save 15% off all Herman Miller products and receive free shipping (November 19 – December 10).
Activities and events
Holiday shopping at Domain NORTHSIDE isn’t the only option. Peruse these alternative promotions before planning your day:
- Sur la Table — Drop & Shop lets you leave the babysitting to the store; they’ll teach the 8 -12-year-old kiddos how to make fresh pasta while you enjoy two hours of shopping sans children (November 23).
- Erin Condren — The flagship Store is hosting a $25 Gratitude Journaling Workshop that includes a gratitude journal, pack of compliment cards, guided group activity, complimentary bubbles and conversation with the planning community (November 17 and 18).
- Cyclone Anaya’s Tex-Mex Cantina — The family-owned and -operated eatery and bar is offering penny mimosas on Black Friday (November 23) and also hosts trivia night once a month; November’s theme is “Game of Thrones” (November 19).
- SoulCycle — Buy a Starter Pack — three classes for $60 (now through November 25).
- Eighteen Eight Fine Men’s Salons — First-time clients receive an Executive Haircut for the price of a Classic Haircut (through December 31).
If shopping isn’t your thing, check out Archer’s blog posts, Beyond Shopping: Our 5 Favorite Things to Do at The Domain NORTHSIDE and Chef David Bull’s 5 Favorite Things to Do in Austin. Or if you’re done shopping and ready to rev up the romance, look to Amour in Austin: Date Night in The Domain for our top 10 ideas for planning your next atypical date night.
Happy holiday shopping at Domain NORTHSIDE!