Head to Domain NORTHSIDE for a Great Guys Getaway
Guys need getaways, too — and Archer Hotel Austin and its Domain NORTHSIDE neighborhood make for a chill weekend with plenty to do, drink and eat — and little to no planning required. Whether you’re celebrating one of your own getting hitched, reconnecting with your best buds or venturing out with friends old and new, a fab boys weekend awaits in north Austin.
What to do: A boys weekend in north Austin
While the capital city is well-known for its “Keep Austin Weird” slogan and apropos downtown scene, northwest Austin’s laid-back yet happening Domain NORTHSIDE and The Domain neighborhoods are an ideal walkable hub for an elevated guys weekend getaway. Case in point:
Domain NORTHSIDE: The vibrant neighborhood is home to Archer Hotel, plus a plethora of boutiques and national retailers, unique restaurants, bars and entertainment options. It’s oh, so Austin with an upscale vibe. Rock Rose — Domain NORTHSIDE’s entertainment district — is uptown Austin’s most downtown street. A few sure stops for fellows include Birds Barbershop (for a fresh cut to start the weekend right), Stag (provisions for men), Suit Supply (custom-made, group fittings and personal shopping), Tecovas (fine bootmakers), Yeti (the take-it-with-you champs) and Mizzen + Main (comfortable, performance-minded clothing).
Out + About
Other options for a memorable bachelor or guys weekend:
- Topgolf — A short walk or a house car can take you and the guys to Topgolf — just on the edge of Domain NORTHSIDE and a fab, fun venue for golfers and nongolfers alike.
- Viva Day Spa: A local favorite and low key with a lineup of treatments just for men. Choices include a deep tissue massage, a sports massage, a guy-centric facial or a mani-pedi combo.
- Sandbox VR: This futuristic VR experience is for groups of up to six where you can see and physically interact with everyone inside, just like in the real world. You’ll feel as if you’re living inside a game or movie.
- Kung Fu saloon: Anyone for classic video, board and competitive games, pickle shots, loads of beers and an eclectic pub-style menu? Here you go.
- The Rose Room: This upscale dance club has three separate bars and offers bottle service for spirits and champagne and table reservations with minimum spends.
- Culinary Dropout: A laid-back eatery just across the street from Archer, Culinary Dropout serves up revved-up classic fare (the fried chicken and ribs are absolutely delicious), along with craft beers and killer house-made cocktails. And its inviting patio is perfect for hanging out and challenging your bachelor weekend buds at the house cornhole or table tennis. They also serve a create-your-own cheese and charcuterie board that offers a little somethin’ for everyone.
Bites + Bevs
And then there are eats and drinks for the hungry crew:
- The Dogwood: Southern-inspired high-end food in a casual setting — wash it all down with an ice-cold Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka straight from the tap.
- Jack & Ginger’s: This Austin-Irish pub has more than 80 beers on tap, Irish whiskey towers and delicious food.
- Perry’s Steakhouse: Enjoying award-winning steak, savoring bourbon, watching a sporting event together — enough said.
- Sway: During happy hour, Sway has fantastic drinks and really good shareable plates.
Back to Archer's welcoming residence for R+R
After your north Austin adventure, Archer Hotel and the stellar staff invite you to toast, nosh and enjoy this special camaraderie in elevated yet comfortable style:
- Second Bar + Kitchen: At home in Archer Hotel Austin, Second Bar + Kitchen has a variety of specials, events and happy hours, plus Friday Night Bites — unique offerings that are always delicious. Popular bites include Blistered Shishito Peppers, Black + Blue Pizza, Buffalo Fried Pickles and the award-winning Congress Burger. They add a tempting twist to classic cocktails, and they’ll happily customize to your preference. One to try: the Green River, a boozy and refreshing batch cocktail.
- Archer Hotel Austin: Archer’s Texas-chic boutique hotel serves up Southern hospitality and surprises around every corner. Guests enjoy complimentary self-parking and love the walkable neighborhood (especially after a night of celebrating). Have a ton of fun, then retreat and relax at Archer’s pool patio, complete with full beverage service and a giant outdoor TV.
Getting around town
Direct Transportation Services (DTS) is able to handle an array of transportation needs. While Archer’s house car has seating for five guests and typically services a 3-mile radius around the hotel, DTS can arrange transport to and from the airport in either a luxury Cadillac or a larger Mercedes sprinter van that seats 12.