It’s all that — and the whole ball of wax
“Our lives are composed of moments.”
This simple yet insightful idea gets to the crux of the Paddywax Candle Bar experience. Happiness isn’t necessarily a state of being; rather, it’s a collection of moments based on individual experiences. And while all five of our senses work together to shape our memories, our sense of smell distinctly influences our memories and emotions.
Each Paddywax workshop highlights the journey, the craft, the collaboration of making a fragrant candle as a memorable, experiential part of shopping and gift-giving. Learn more about this interactive candle-pouring experience.
Founded in Nashville as a home fragrance company, the first brick-and-mortar store opened at the end of 2017. The DIY experience is based on their 20+ years of candle-making expertise. Today, 10 storefronts, including one around the corner from Archer Hotel, are bringing friends, family members, co-workers and strangers together — one candle-pouring at a time.
A warm feeling
Along with being a great way to enjoy some alone time, candle-pouring events are real crowd pleasers, as well. These workshops are great for:
- Moms’ day out
- Group celebrations
Reserve your seat(s) and plan on arriving 10 minutes early. Parking at Domain NORTHSIDE is a short walk to Paddywax — and while its address is on Esperanza Crossing, its front door is on Rock Rose.
Thinking you’ll be thirsty? Paddywax sells beer and wine, or you’re welcome to take your own bottle. (An $8 on-site corking fee per bottle applies.)
Choose from a wide array of vessels — Apothecary, Urban, Impressions, Wabi Sabi, Mesa, Sonora and Boheme, to name a few. Then choose your fragrance (or a combo). Fresh or spicy? Sweet or woody? A few fan favorites include Tobacco & Patchouli, Fresh Air & Sea Salt, Amber & Smoke, Bergamot & Mahogany and Balsam & Fir. Between all of the vessel and fragrance choices, Paddywax has more than 2,000 possible combinations.
We proudly source U.S. farms for our soy wax, and our wicks are 100% U.S. cotton.
So you’re ready to get a group together — or enjoy some “me” time — at Paddywax. Terrific! Below are a few details to know before you go:
- Candle-pouring workshops are held 3 – 5 times per day.
- Each workshop lasts about an hour.
- Come alone, bring a friend, gather a group — 24 seats are available.
- Each workshop is $40 per person and includes all the tools you need to create your own custom candle — plus an hour of workshop time.
- Classes begin promptly at their scheduled time. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- After pouring, you’ll be offered 20% off products in the retail space.
- Candles take three hours to cure. You can use that time in Domain NORTHSIDE shopping, grabbing a bite or a drink at Second Bar + Kitchen, kicking back at Archer Hotel’s pool patio (complete with a Lone Star adorned splash pool, cozy fireplace, Texas-size outdoor TV and comfy cabanas) or pampering yourself at Viva Day Spa before picking up your candle. Alternatively, Paddywax can ship your creations for $8 per candle.
3210 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 110
Austin, TX 78758
Monday – Saturday: 11 AM – 8 PM
Sunday: Noon – 6 PM
“In a world of busy, it is our hope that you will light a candle, slow down and set the tone in your home.”