Cider-glazed Sweet Potatoes and Pears Recipe Charlie Palmer
From the “Remington Camp Cooking” Cookbook
- 20m prep time
- 1h 15m cook time
- 1h 35m total time
- 10 ingredients
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 2 pods star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, split lengthwise and cut into 3-inch chunks
- 2 firm pears, halved and cored
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In a saucepan over high heat, add the cider, vinegar, star anise, cinnamon stick and chopped ginger. Cook until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. While the glaze is reducing, arrange the sweet potatoes and pears in a roasting pan. Remove the reduced glaze from the heat and whisk in the butter. Pour the glaze over the sweet potatoes and pears, and season with salt and black pepper.
Roast in the preheated oven until the sweet potatoes are tender, basting occasionally with the glaze, about 60 minutes.