Holiday Happenings In + Around Florham Park
All That Glitters in Northern New Jersey
A little more than an hour’s drive from midtown Manhattan is New Jersey’s Morris County. It’s part of the New York metropolitan area — and in this neck of the woods, there’s no shortage of holiday happenings.
Archer and his elves all agree: The following Florham Park-area activities are festive fan favorites.
Holiday Lights + Sights
- Revel in holiday nostalgia at the Christmas Festival at the Morristown Green — This monthlong festival showcases thousands of sparkling lights, visits and photos with Santa, ice sculpture demonstrations, a vintage-style rocking horse, rides on a miniature train and holiday crafts — plus hot chocolate and cookies and seasonal entertainment.
- The Camuso Holiday Display in Livingston is a family tradition that started in the 1970s with a 26-ft. rotating Christmas tree. It now includes holiday displays with 100+ animated figures and mechanical display pieces.
- The Holiday Lights at Essex County Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange is about 20 minutes east of Archer Hotel Florham Park. Take a winter stroll under the sparkling lights of 50+ animal and winter characters. In this season of graciousness, the zoo is collecting donations of nonperishable food, toys and gently used coats.
Holiday Spirits + Eats
- AKB Florham Park at Archer Hotel is serving up The Giving Drink — a holiday Don Julio Blanco tequila and St-Germain Elderflower concoction with cranberry and citrus juices. In the spirit of giving, $2 per drink sold is donated to No Kid Hungry, an organization working to end childhood hunger in the U.S.
- Morristown’s Iron Bar is the decked-out place to be when everyone returns home to celebrate the holidays. They’ve kicked off previous seasons with an ugly sweater party, a Night Before Christmas event and Santa’s Secret Sips holiday cocktail experience.
- Each year before Thanksgiving, The Grand Café in Morristown bedecks its already-cozy dark wood-paneled French restaurant for the holidays. Christmas trees, poinsettias, Santa figures and plenty of red bows complement the elevated dining experience.
Nifty Holiday Gifts
- Give your family a magical experience on The Polar Express Train Ride. Beginning in Whippany, you’ll be a part of the classic holiday story, “The Polar Express” — complete with a golden ticket, hot chocolate and shortbread, dancing chefs, caroling, a keepsake sleigh bell and other festive touches.
- Bazar de Noel in Madison is hosted by the community-supporting Thursday Morning Club. Along with a bevy of exhibitors, the Bazar features prizes of theater tickets, gift cards and gift certificates to popular local restaurants. Nearby La Patisserie sells delicious quiches, breads, cakes, pies and cookies.
- Shop for uncommon gifts at Holiday CraftMorristown. More than 175 craft artists offer fun finds for every age. Discover unique jewelry, fashions and accessories, sculptural works in a variety of mediums, fine art painting, printmaking, drawing and photography and hand-crafted gourmet foods and beverages.
Festive Holiday Stays With Archer
Planning to visit northern New Jersey during the holiday season? Don’t forget to reserve a luxe stay at Archer Hotel Florham Park, conveniently nestled between the charming boroughs of Morristown and Madison.
Book directly with us and receive an immediate bonus for your stay — a $25 drink + dine credit that can be used throughout the hotel (bar, restaurant, in-room dining, takeout).