Holiday Happenings In + Around Florham Park
All That Glitters in Northern New Jersey
Holiday lights and magical music, seasonal shopping and traditional baking. The sights, sounds and smells of this special time of year are unmistakable. And in Morris County — part of the New York metropolitan area — there’s no shortage of holiday happenings.
Archer and his elves have tapped the following Florham Park-area activities as festive favorites.
Holiday Lights + Sights
- Revel in holiday nostalgia at the Christmas Festival at the Morristown Green — This monthlong festival showcases thousands of sparkling lights, visits and photos with Santa, ice sculpture demonstrations, a vintage-style rocking horse, rides on a miniature train and holiday crafts — plus hot chocolate and cookies and seasonal entertainment.
- The Camuso Holiday Display in Livingston is a family tradition that started in the 1970s with a 26-ft. rotating Christmas tree. It now includes holiday displays with 100+ animated figures and mechanical display pieces.
- The Holiday Lights at Essex County Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange is about 20 minutes east of Archer Hotel Florham Park. Take a winter stroll under the sparkling lights of 50+ animal and winter characters. In this season of graciousness, the zoo is collecting donations of nonperishable food, toys and gently used coats.
Holiday Spirits + Eats
- AKB Florham Park at Archer Hotel joins the other five AKB hotel bars in serving up The Giving Drink — a holiday bourbon concoction topped with edible gold flakes and a flamed rosemary sprig. In the spirit of giving, $2 per drink sold is donated to No Kid Hungry, an organization working to end childhood hunger in the U.S.
- Morristown’s Iron Bar is the decked-out place to be when everyone returns home to celebrate the holidays. They’ve kicked off previous seasons with an ugly sweater party, a Night Before Christmas event and Santa’s Secret Sips holiday cocktail experience.
- Each year before Thanksgiving, The Grand Café in Morristown bedecks its already-cozy dark wood-paneled French restaurant for the holidays. Christmas trees, poinsettias, Santa figures and plenty of red bows complement the elevated dining experience.
Nifty Holiday Gifts
- Give your family a magical experience on The Polar Express Train Ride. Beginning in Whippany, you’ll be a part of the classic holiday story, “The Polar Express” — complete with a golden ticket, hot chocolate and shortbread, dancing chefs, caroling, a keepsake sleigh bell and other festive touches.
- Bazar de Noel in Madison is hosted by the community-supporting Thursday Morning Club. Along with a bevy of exhibitors, the Bazar features prizes of theater tickets, gift cards and gift certificates to popular local restaurants. Nearby La Patisserie sells delicious quiches, breads, cakes, pies and cookies.
- Shop for uncommon gifts at Holiday CraftMorristown. More than 175 craft artists offer fun finds for every age. Discover unique jewelry, fashions and accessories, sculptural works in a variety of mediums, fine art painting, printmaking, drawing and photography and hand-crafted gourmet foods and beverages.
- The Holiday Market Popup at the Livingston Town Center is a one-day (December 4, 2022) event that showcases unique vendors, artisanal goods, food trucks and music.
Festive Holiday Stays With Archer
Planning to visit northern New Jersey during the holiday season? Don’t forget to reserve a luxe stay at Archer Hotel Florham Park, conveniently nestled between the charming boroughs of Morristown and Madison.
Book directly with us and receive an immediate bonus for your stay — a $25 drink + dine credit that can be used throughout the hotel (bar, restaurant, in-room dining, takeout).