Kick Back With the Boys, Archer-style (Part 1) Fun Things to Do in Austin for a Guys Getaway
Head to Domain NORTHSIDE for a Great Guys Getaway
Guys need getaways, too — and Archer Hotel Austin (one of the best hotels in Austin) and its Domain NORTHSIDE neighborhood make for a chill weekend with plenty to do, drink and eat — and little to no planning required. Whether you’re celebrating one of your own getting hitched, reconnecting with your best buds or venturing out with friends old and new, a fab boys weekend awaits in north Austin.
What to do: A boys weekend in north Austin
While the capital city is well-known for its “Keep Austin Weird” slogan and apropos downtown Austin scene, northwest Austin’s laid-back yet happening Domain NORTHSIDE and The Domain neighborhoods are an ideal, walkable hub for an elevated guys weekend getaway.
The vibrant Domain NORTHSIDE neighborhood is home to Archer, a boutique Austin hotel, plus a plethora of boutiques and national retailers, unique restaurants, bars and entertainment options. It’s oh, so Austin with an upscale vibe.
Rock Rose — Domain NORTHSIDE’s entertainment district — is uptown Austin’s most downtown street. A few sure stops for fellows include Birds Barbershop (for a fresh cut to start the weekend right), Faherty (quality, eco-friendly products inspired by the sun), Suit Supply (custom-made, group fittings and personal shopping), Tecovas (fine bootmakers), Yeti (the take-it-with-you champs) and Mizzen + Main (comfortable, performance-minded clothing).
Out + About: More Things to Do in Austin for a Memorable Bachelor or Guys Weekend
Other options for a memorable bachelor or guys weekend:
- Topgolf — A short walk or a house car can take you and the guys from our north Austin hotel to Topgolf — a fab, fun venue for golfers and novices alike, just on the edge of Domain NORTHSIDE.
- Viva Day Spa: A local favorite and low key, with a lineup of treatments just for men. Choose a deep tissue massage, a sports massage, a guy-centric facial or a mani-pedi combo.
- Sandbox VR: This futuristic VR experience is for groups of up to six who can see and physically interact with everyone inside, just like in the real world. You’ll feel as if you’re living inside a game or movie.
- Kung Fu Saloon: Anyone for classic video, board and competitive games, pickle shots, loads of beers and an eclectic pub-style menu? Here you go.
- The Rose Room: This upscale dance club has three separate bars and offers bottle service for spirits and champagne, plus table reservations with minimum spends.
- Culinary Dropout: A laid-back eatery just across the street from Archer Hotel Austin, Culinary Dropout serves up revved-up classic fare, along with craft beers and killer house-made cocktails. And its inviting patio is perfect for hanging out and challenging your bachelor weekend buds at the house cornhole or table tennis. The create-your-own cheese and charcuterie board offers a little somethin’ for everyone.
Bites + Bevs: You Don't Have to Go to Downtown Austin to Eat (and Drink) Well
Domain NORTHSIDE and The Domain serve up these delish eats and drinks for the hungry crew:
- The Dogwood: Southern-inspired high-end food in a casual setting — wash it all down with an ice-cold Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka straight from the tap.
- Jack & Ginger’s: This Austin-Irish pub has more than 80 beers on tap, Irish whiskey towers and delicious food.
- Perry’s Steakhouse: Enjoying award-winning steak, savoring bourbon, watching a sporting event together — enough said.
- Doc B’s: “Honest American food at its best” includes a starter of its famous candied bacon, a Brussels sprout salad and the Number Six — a cajun buttermilk fried chicken sandwich with roasted garlic dressing and habanero-honey sauce.
Head Back to Archer's Welcoming Residence for R+R
After your north Austin adventure, Archer Hotel and the stellar staff invite you to toast, nosh and enjoy this special camaraderie in elevated yet comfortable style:
- AKB Austin: At home in Archer Hotel Austin, the buzzy AKB hotel bar serves vibrant cuisine and crafted pours in an airy, comfy space. Don’t miss Sunset Hour 3 – 6 PM Sunday – Thursday — it’s Archer’s version of happy hour with a nod to Austin’s colorful close of day. Toast with the multicolored Violet Sky cocktail or the “As You Were” old fashioned while noshing on chicken wings with tamarind Buffalo sauce and bacon-wrapped, fire-roasted jalapeños. Then chow down on the AKB Cheeseburger with slow-cooked onion and AKB sauce or the 10-oz. N.Y. strip with chipotle-garlic compound butter.
- Archer Hotel Austin: Archer’s Texas-chic boutique hotel in Austin serves up Southern hospitality and surprises around every corner. Guests enjoy complimentary self-parking and our walkable neighborhood (especially after a night of celebrating). Have a ton of fun, then relax at Archer’s pool patio, complete with full beverage service and a giant outdoor TV.
Getting Around Town
Direct Transportation Services (DTS) is able to handle an array of transportation needs. While Archer’s house car has seating for five guests and typically services a 3-mile radius around the hotel, DTS can arrange transport to and from the airport, downtown Austin or another local destination in either a luxury Cadillac or a larger Mercedes sprinter van that seats 12.
Ready to book your guys weekend at Archer Hotel Austin? Looking for more signature Archer Austin experiences? We’ll be seeing all y’all in north Austin.