Nochebuena Ponche Recipe From Our Friends at Second Bar + Kitchen
We’re pleased as punch that our friends at Second Bar + Kitchen not only crafted this gorgeous cocktail but also shared the recipe for all to enjoy. Cheers!
- 20m prep time
- 5m cook time
- 25m total time
- 10 ingredients
- 1/2 cup African nectar rooibos tea (such as Mighty Leaf)
- 1/3 cup hibiscus blossoms
- 20 whole allspice berries, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 three-inch cinnamon sticks, crushed
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 fresh guavas, peeled and chopped (optional but optimal)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup quality añejo tequila (such as Ocho)
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
Steep first seven ingredients in hot water for 20 minutes. Strain out solids, then stir in the honey, añejo tequila and orange juice.
Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, allow mixture to cool in refrigerator, and then serve over ice.
Garnish both hot and cold versions with a cinnamon stick, orange peel, small rosemary sprig, and lemon wedge.