Date Night (and Day) In + Around Burlington
Bring on the romance
Love is a many-splendored thing — especially when it’s nurtured and fed well. For those whose love stories are just beginning (or flourishing) in the Greater Boston area, Archer and his hosts have put together a short-but-sweet list of romantic date night (and day) activities and restaurants to explore.
Know the destination but not quite sure about the timing? Archer’s gift cards save the day until you can save the date.
Date night (and day) to-dos
- Take a spin at an outdoor ice skating rink — MarketStreet Rink in Lynnfield, Canal District Kendall in Cambridge, Jack Kirrane Ice Skating Rink in Brookline or Boston Common Frog Pond in Boston.
- Walk Boston Common, America’s oldest park — check out the Blackstone Memorial Tablet, Brewer Fountain, Parkman Plaza, Declaration of Independence Plaque, Boston Massacre Memorial, Central Burying Ground and plenty of monuments throughout.
- Explore the North End, Boston’s Little Italy — including the Paul Revere House, Copp’s Hill Burying Ground and the Skinny House across the street, Old North Church and Hanover Street — then enjoy a great Italian meal and gelato.
- Tour Nashoba Valley Winery — Drive 35 minutes west of Burlington for a winery tour and wine or beer tasting, plus small plates tapas at Vintner’s Knoll or an elevated dinner at J’s.
- Bring out your artistic side at Muse Paintbar in Somerville — Paint outside the lines (if you wish) while sipping vino and nibbling on a variety of warm and cold bites (and yes, dessert).
Date night eateries
The Bancroft — In 3rd Ave, experience this edgy and urban modern American steakhouse and craft cocktail lounge, with the “Best Burger in Boston” nod from Boston Magazine.
Eddie V’s — Enjoy oysters from both coasts, Maine lobster bisque, South African lobster, center-cut filet mignon — plus world-class wines, top-notch service and live jazz.
Row 34 — Order a shareable or two, then explore the raw bar with smoked and cured options, ceviche and crudo, as well as fried, lobster rolls and entrée selections.
Capital Grille — Savor “exceptional ingredients, artfully prepared” in a comfortably elegant atmosphere — renowned dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood and acclaimed wines from around the world.
Temazcal — Start with crafted cocktails (choose from more than 250 tequilas) and lobster guacamole, then choose your favorite salad, tacos, fajitas or house specialty.
A chic retreat
Alone time what you’re both jonesing for? Archer warmly welcomes you to his boutique Burlington abode. This TripAdvisor favorite and AAA Four Diamond hotel delivers livable luxury with modern, chic rooms and suites. Luxe linens and a comfy mix of pillows complement five-star beds. Thoughtful touches include a welcome amenity, daily turndown treats, Frette bathrobes and whimsical slippers, plus a complimentary Nespresso coffee experience.
Ready for romance? Your room is ready.