Safe travels to Tysons, Virginia
Planning a trip to the nation’s capital? Washington, D.C.’s subway system — aka the Metro — is your ticket to convenient, affordable transportation. When flying into Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Reagan National Airport (DCA) and staying with us in Tysons (welcome to Virginia!), you’re just one ride or transfer away from your consummate host.
TIP NO. 1: D.C. Metro trains run Monday - Friday 5 AM - midnight; Saturday 7 AM - midnight; and Sunday 8 AM - midnight.
TIP NO. 2: Riders move through quickly — have your SmarTrip contactless card ready to swipe when you go through the gate.
TIP NO. 3: As an alternative to using a Metro card, download the SmarTrip App for your iPhone or Android — instantly add funds, buy money-saving passes, check balances, set up Auto Reload and manage SmartBenefits from your employer, all from the palm of your hand.
Follow the steps below for a smooth ride — we look forward to hosting you soon.
Take the Metro
You’ve landed — welcome to the National Capital Region!
- Follow signs to the Metro station (0.2 mile — about a 7-minute walk).
- Once at the stop, open your SmarTrip app or purchase a Metro card from a Fare Vending machine. The cost of travel varies based upon both distance traveled and traveling during peak (approximately $2.25 - $6 per trip) or off-peak (approximately $2 - $3.85) times.
- Verify your route by checking the Metro map at the station.
- Use your app or card to activate the entrance gates and proceed up the escalator or elevator to the platform.
Ride the Rails
From Dulles International Airport
- This station is only serviced by the Silver Line, so choose the side of the platform that travels toward Largo. The wait time for a train is typically around 15 minutes but eventually will be closer to 10 minutes during rush hour.
- After boarding the train, ride eight stops and exit the train at the McLean Metro station.
From Reagan National Airport
- Now through May 2023, this station is only serviced by the Blue Line, so choose the side of the platform that travels toward New Carrollton. The wait time for a train is typically about 10 minutes — and often shorter.
- After boarding the train, ride five stops and exit the train at the Rosslyn Metro station.
- Transfer from the Blue Line to the Silver Line (one level down): Use the escalator or elevator to go down to the Silver Line.
- Board the next Silver Line train toward Ashburn. (TIP: The Orange Line also runs along these tracks, so make sure you board the Silver Line).
- Enjoy the ride for six stops until you arrive at the McLean Metro station.
Welcome to Tysons
- Depart the train at the McLean station and take the escalators down one level.
- Follow the pedestrian bridge that traverses the roadway below.
- Ride the escalator or elevator down to street level and turn right on the sidewalk. Archer Hotel Tysons is directly in front of you, and the front entrance is on your right as you walk in front of the building.
Welcome to Archer Hotel Tysons — enjoy your stay!
Need more info? Check out the official tourism site of Washington, D.C.