Revel in Romance In + Around Falls Church
Updated February 2023
Live (and love) in the moment at Mosaic
Life is like a mosaic. At first glance, it’s a singular entity, but look closer and you’ll discover a myriad of experiences — each one a unique, vital part of the whole picture.
And that way of looking at life — and love — is romantic.
The Mosaic District honors that romantic spirit of creativity. Nestled between Falls Church and Fairfax, Virginia, this vibrant yet easygoing destination (the parking’s free) offers a variety of experiences that help create date night moments and lasting memories. Bring your SO and stoke the romantic fire among this curated mix of restaurants, retail and entertainment experiences.
Romantic Dates in Mosaic
Whether you’re planning for date night or a weekend getaway, Mosaic has a variety of entertainment options to complement a fab meal. Add one (or more) of these experiences to your calendar:
- Toast to being together over hot coffee and a pastry — or cold beer, or small-batch gelato — at Mom & Pop, then relax out on the grass to whisper sweet nothings and bond while people watching.
- Catch a movie while sipping on beer or wine at Angelika Film Center.
- Find romance in unexpected places: Throw a few axes at Bad Axe Throwing.
- Bring out your artsy side while create a romantic painting at Muse Paint Bar.
- Stroll through the FreshFarm farmers market (year-round) on a Sunday morning, until 2 PM.
Dine Deliciously in Mosaic
Date night dinner done right: Grab a table for two (or sit at the bar) at one of the many restaurant options in Mosaic. Just a sampling:
- Naked Lunch — All-organic vegetarian and vegan eatery inside MOM’s Organic Market.
- Bartaco — Fresh, upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment.
- Alta Strada — Evolving menu of Italian favorites with a focus on house-made pastas and pizza, as well as a variety of seasonal dishes and desserts.
- District Dumplings — Modern interpretation of such classic dishes as house-made dumplings (vegetarian-friendly options available), fresh sandwiches and wraps.
- Parc de Ville — Classic bistro cuisine, prepared simply with respect to technique, tradition and regionality, with a seasonal rooftop lounge.
- Caboose Commons Brewery — A dog-friendly beer garden and coffee house.
- Gyu Shige — A yakiniku restaurant offering Japanese beef with sushi, ramen and other popular Japanese dishes.
Just down the road, lovers
Falls Church is home to these romantic dinner locales, each a short drive from Archer Hotel Falls Church:
- 2941 Restaurant — Surrounded by koi ponds, waterfalls and world-class artwork and serving contemporary American cuisine accented with bold French and Mediterranean flavors.
- Trio Grill — A modern American restaurant offering fine steaks, fresh seafood, handcrafted cocktails and an extensive wine list.
- Dominion — A restaurant menu that consists of decadent artisan-style dishes, crafted with food-lovers in mind.
Less than a half-hour’s drive is The Wharf in Washington, D.C. Take a romantic stroll, then dine by the waterfront:
- Bistro du Jour — Find a touch of Paris on the Potomac.
- Canopy Central — Their food will get you a second date.
- Del Mar — Savor a celebration of Spanish seafood cuisine.
- Hank’s Oyster Bar — Enjoy the largest selection of East and West Coast oysters in the DMV.
- Mi Vida — “My Life” in Mexico means much more — especially at happy hour.