Family Fun In + Around Redmond
Bring your brood to Seattle’s Eastside ’burb
Making plans to get away with the family? Consider Redmond, with its plethora of year-round outdoor activities (it is the Bicycle Capital of the Northwest), indoor attractions and family-friendly, easygoing vibe.
And while you’re at it, make Archer Hotel Redmond your casually chic home base. Your consummate host warmly welcomes and makes planning that casually chic getaway a breeze — with the inviting AKB hotel bar and dog-friendly patio, shuffleboard, an indoor pool, the walkable, shoppable Redmond Town Center and the comfiest beds around.
Outdoor Family Fun
- Marymoor Park — King County’s most popular park, with concerts, movie nights and “Doggy Disneyland” — a 40-acre off-leash dog area.
- Downtown Park — A raised great lawn, splash pad, pavilion, gardens, plaza and dining grove.
- Lake Sammamish State Park — Two lakefront beaches and trails through deciduous forest and wetlands, plus a state-of-the-art playground.
- Sammamish River Trail — 11-mile asphalt trail between Marymoor Park and Blyth Park in Bothell.
- Rainbow Run — Family mini golf at Willows Run Golf Complex.
- The Summit at Snoqualmie — Four mountain areas to ski, snowshoe and snow-tube (or take a summertime scenic chairlift ride).
- Woodmark Waterfront Adventures — Passenger boats, personal watercraft, kayaks, standup paddleboards and a wake boat at Lake Washington, a short drive from Archer Hotel, open seasonally.
- King County parks — 200 parks to explore, with ballfields, playgrounds, pools and trails.
- The Lounge at Top Golf — In Kirkland, a variety of virtual games plus shareable bites and family-style dishes.
Indoor Family Fun
- Paint Away — A ceramics painting studio, only 1 block from Archer in Redmond Town Center.
- Zeeks Pizza and an iPic movie — Local-favorite pizza a half-mile from Archer Hotel, and a movie theater with in-theater dining, in Redmond Town Center.
- K1 Racing Redmond — Indoor karting and the Pit Café serving snacks and drinks.
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum — Bellevue’s younger-kid destination, with an art studio, atrium climber, learning lab, story tree, tot orchard and more.
- Dave & Buster’s — In Bellevue, with loads of games and a 40-foot WOW wall for watching sports, plus eats and drinks.
- FrogLegs Cooking School — Super-fun adult and kids cooking classes, in nearby Kirkland and University Village (and coming spring 2023 to Redmond Town Center).
- AKB — Archer’s inviting hotel bar with shareable bites and craft cocktails, shuffleboard, a fireplace and garage doors that open onto a dog-friendly alfresco patio.