Mark your calendar for California
Looking to spend the holidays in Napa Valley? Cheers to that — as the crowds are fewer, the prices (tend to be) lower and the lights are twinkling for locals and visitors alike. And many holiday events are planned in and around downtown Napa — easily walkable from Archer Hotel Napa.
To help you plan a festive stay, Archer’s collected some of his favorite holiday happenings throughout the valley — think parades and lights, Santa leading the Wine Train, a hiding elf, holiday cocktails and bread-breaking, plus gift-giving opportunities.
What’s more “holiday” than thousands (or more) of twinkle lights illuminating the evening? Napa shines brightly with these lit holiday happenings:
- Downtown Napa’s Christmas Tree Lighting — Enjoy hot chocolate, cookies, singing and dancing by local children’s groups and the traditional countdown to light the tree.
- Napa’s Christmas Parade — This lighted parade features Santa, stationed at Archer Hotel on First Street, and is free to enter.
- Bright Nights at Cuvaison 2023 — Enjoy a special wine and cheese tasting while watching the vineyard come alive with thousands of twinkling lights (4 – 6 PM every Friday and Saturday between Nov. 24 and Dec. 22.).
- Paradise Drive Christmas Lights — This north Napa neighborhood is probably the biggest light show in town; every house in the cul de sac is decorated to the hilt.
- Napa Valley Wine Trolley Holiday Lights Tour — Charter the Napa Wine Trolley for a private holiday lights tour for up to 24 guests.
Holiday spirits + eats
Toasting and roasting are holiday staples. These Napa eateries and sweeteries offer ample opportunities to do both — deliciously:
- Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar — Sip and savor a festive cocktail (to try: the exclusive Giving Drink, with a portion of the proceeds going to No Kid Hungry) and shareable nibbles Up on the Rooftop at Archer Hotel Napa — the valley's favorite rooftop is bedecked for the holidays — and keep a lookout for eight tiny reindeer mapping out their route across the valley skyline.
- Bistro Don Giovanni — Drink and be merry with signature bar drinks (to try: Bistro Negroni and Pom-Pom Cosmo) and food-friendly wines.
- Angèle — Holiday in Napa or in the French countryside? For memorable moments over a simply beautiful meal, you can do both simultaneously.
- Oxbow Public Market — A one-stop restaurant shop sometimes doesn’t fit the holiday bill. Enter Oxbow Public Market (or preorder) and everyone’s happy. Don’t forget a few bags of Oprah’s favorite Model Bakery English muffins.
- Nation’s — Sure, the burgers are tasty. But the pies are where it’s at for the holidays, with a myriad to choose from — including the traditional pumpkin pie.
- Sweetie Pies — Don’t forget the “most important meal of the day” — fill your plate here with a breakfast sandwich or slice of quiche. Take a salted caramel, apple and pecan cheesecake or pumpkin bars home for holiday treats.
Nifty holiday gifts
Archer Hotel’s First Street Napa collective is a walkable, shoppable, one-of-a-kind valley experience — and a great place to find unique holiday gifts (and gift cards) for the ones you love. Here’s just a sampling:
- Clothing + Accessories
- Home + Garden
- Wines + Spirits + Such
- Et Cetera