Timely Travel Tips Make the most of your vacay
Our latest travel entel
Travel looks a bit different these days — so we’re here to share our absolute best advice for making the most of your journey. Save time, save money and up the fun factor with Archer’s timely travel tips.
- Stay Sunday – Thursday — Weekends are busier than ever (we’ve all spent lots of time at home lately), and business travel has been slower to return — so now’s the time to find lower rates and smaller crowds if you arrive on Sunday and depart mid-week.
- Book early for better rates — It’s a bit about supply and last-minute demand. As seats and rooms get scarce, prices generally increase. And if you know your plans won’t change, prepaid rates are absolutely our best deal.
- Book with us for the best deals and support — Go straight to the source and you’ll get the same or better pricing plus the perks of dealing direct. At Archer Hotel, booking directly with us on archerhotel.com will earn you an immediate bonus: a drink + dine credit.
- Scour the offers — Know you’ll need to park a car in New York? Get a discount on garage fees with a parking package. Or check to see if you qualify for a discount — think AAA or Archer’s state rate for locals who are driving to their destination.
- Celebrate — Call ahead for a festive touch. Archer’s hosts will pre-stage the room with a personalized note or balloons — or both. Want to set a mood? Archer loves to loan a Crosley record player and a favorite album or flameless candles. It is the thought that counts.
- Get insider advice — What’s new or a local must-do? Email ahead for thoughtful insight, such as choosing pricey or popular dining spots for lunch vs. dinner. Check Archer’s blog for hidden gems and the best eating, drinking, seeing and doing.
- Make a packing list — We’re all a wee bit out of practice, so why not make a list (and check it twice)? Here’s a head-start: Adult, Child – Teen and Baby packing lists.
- Bring an extra layer for the plane and indoors — Planes get chilly, and restaurants crank the AC during the summer.
- 24 hours prior — Double-check the weather, check in early for your flight (so many lately are oversold) and turn on your out-of-office message (an immediate mood changer.)
- Give yourself a “recovery” day — Extend the vacation glow by giving yourself a day to transition.